Thursday, November 11, 2010

UGH, Walmart!

Seriously are there really no parking spots? Is that even possible? I drive around waiting and watching the people leave the store. Unpacking carts and getting in their cars. I wait with my blinker on letting the whole world know that I am taking that spot when they back out. Finally I had been waiting what seemed like an hour but was only really about 10 minutes. Just as I went to pull in a sports car comes flying out of nowhere nearly crashing head on with my Malibu.

*****
As I rounded the corner to the toys I was getting excited for Christmas. I had to get the dancing Mickey Mouse and the Fur Real White Doggie. If I wait too long I won’t be able to find them. To the doll isle I head where is the Fur Real Puppy? I see the cat, I don’t want the cat, where is the dog, then I see a big empty spot. I bed down and read the tag. Yep they are all out already

*****
I head up the isle and go towards the Disney Toys. I had been to three stores already looking for the new Dancing Mickey Mouse. You would think being a hot new item this year stores would be prepared. I looked around and I couldn’t find it. I looked for a sales associate. I couldn’t find one. UGH! There is always too many around when you don’t need them and none when you do. Finally I see one in a few isle over.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it works to stop where you do. Often I ask for less in vignettes--people go a step too far--but this feels like one step too few. Have you got another vignette here in a rewrite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk up to her and ask her if she knows if they have any dancing Mickeys' and she sais
    "Yes actually I just saw one more over here"
    She walked back toward where I had just been and pointed it out to me. Now how was i suppose to get it under the cart without anna seeing it. Just then it was like the lady had read my thoughts as she started talking to anna. She began showing her something different as I slid it under the cart face down so that she could see it.. PHEW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    Nice lady! Smart! Real customer service, not just 'have a nice day'!

    ReplyDelete